Click on the link below to sign up to be a reader!
Scholarship applications for 2019 are now being accepted.
The Chester Delaware County Farm Bureau Board of Directors is offering scholarship grants of up to $1,000.00 each towards college education in an agriculture or agriculture-related field. Deadline for application is April 15th, 2019
(See FORMS below for printable application.)
· The equine industry directly and indirectly accounts for nearly $117 million of additional economic activity in Chester and Delaware Counties.
· Equine industry participants spend nearly $91.5 million on goods and services in Chester and Delaware Counties, the largest spending categories accounted for are feed and hay, purchases of equine, boarding expenses, equine related professional services including veterinary, health, and farriers, and capital improvements (including new construction).
· Survey results indicate that there were more than 10,600 equines in the two counties in early 2017, Chester County accounted for the vast majority of horses in the two counties.
· The equine sector supports nearly 2,700 jobs in all sectors of the county economy, of which 1,412 jobs are directly related to equine.
· The output and employment supported by the equine industry generates $81.4 million in household income annually for county residents.